Sunday, January 10, 2010

The more I know

The more I learn about websites, the more I realize how much I need to learn.

I built one, two years ago, in fact, for real estate.  Simple enough.  I bought a template, added my words, a few photos, linked to our listing services and "Voila", I had a website.

My goals now are much more difficult. 

Just when I mastered my cell phone, it shattered and I had to replace it.  Tech comes slowly to me.


 And along comes Facebook, which I adore, and Twitter, that I'm just learning to use, and mobile connections and texting and there goes any sense of anonymity that I thought I had maintained.

MWY husband asked me goals for the sites this morning (he somehow thinks this helps me....WRONG) and my ideal format.

OK, here it is:
1. a travel site for all the information I gather every day (yes, I do check travel deals daily...all day, every day) and my thoughts on our adventures so far.

2. a food site with wine and grocery deals and lists of gadgets and organization for every nook and drawer in your home and party tips

3. a "lifestyle site", if you will, a Southern spin on Martha Stewart and  basically a guide to living well without breaking your budget or giving yourself a nervous breakdown and I wanted to show how we truly live (scared to get Botox?  watch me before you go; there's nothing to it and Honey, the results are so worth it)


Now, I have to research copyright laws (actually MWY husband is calling the attorney for that one) and web graphics, photography, marketing and much more.  I have a million and one recipes to catalog and pass along. Quite the undertaking considering that I just wanted to share my life with people on-line.

So it's off I go, to learn more of what I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment