Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

Although my preference is always warm tropical weather, I must admit that our snowfall on Friday afternoon was really a sight to behold.
I know there are many people who just cannot imagine a town shutting down over 3-4 inches of snow. Our neighbor shared this story with my husband so let me tell you what happened in our neighborhood Friday night after the 'Big Freeze'.
We have a lady that had to call 911 for medical assistance. She's on the far back cul-de-sac past three huge hills. The ambulance that attempted to drive in the community could not make it so a tow truck had to be sent in. The tow truck ended up sliding into an empty lot full of hardwood trees as did the firetruck that followed it a short time later. Our neighbor was carried out on foot by the fire and rescue workers and at some time Saturday morning, a larger tow truck was sent to move the first three vehicles. And people ask me why I never try to drive in inclement weather!
My wonderful husband ventured out Saturday for our Valentine's Day gifts and today we had a wonderful quiet day at home...let's just hope that he makes it to the airport before tomorrow's expected snow storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment