Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mammogram, Digital Mammogram VS. MRI...What's Best?

2009 was the year that I watched friends battle cancer. The 'C' word in the abstract vs. the up close and personal battles that I witnessed were worlds apart.




Being the bookworm that I am, I've read everything that I could get my hands on regarding cancer, alternative therapies, prevention, and testing. For all my girlfriends, my mother, and for my daughter...the following information is worth a review.



And to Dr. John Horton, at Emory, who dedicated so much of his life to ovarian cancer research, I say, "THANK YOU!"...thank you for your knowledge that allowed me to sleep well, for giving me back my peace of mind, and for talking with me as an equal...a partner in my health who NEVER once minded that I questioned every study...every test... and every treatment. We talked and talked and talked some more and his patience amazed both myself and my husband.



He didn't object to my briefcase, yes, briefcase, full of medical articles and books. I only wish that each of my friends could have him as their physician.


* Note: The MRI photo above is from the National Cancer Institute and the white images indicate areas that turned out to be tumors. The patient's name is Denise...prayers for her and her family!


http://revver.com/video/463811/mammography-vs-mri-what-should-you-get-when/








http://www.rt-image.com/Examine_Mammography_Viewpoint_MRI_vs_Mammography_The_battle_of_the_best_breast_e/content=9004J05C485E508640B69876446890441








http://www.drhansen.com/?p=225








Written 32 minutes ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike

Write a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment