Saturday, February 6, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Roses




Well, not everything, but a girl can dream, right? 

My ever enthusiastic Mid-Western Yankee husband was delighted two weeks ago when the first bulbs poked through the dirt.  Last fall, when he put them in the ground, I don't think he actually believed they would emerge, much less bloom.   Now he's busy planning more outdoor projects and I am happy to keep him busy.

Although today's high temperature will be in the forties, I'm dreaming of  summer roses.  Huge fresh cut bouquets, vases overflowing with color, the pale pink shrub roses that mingle through  pale blue hydrangeas, and the fragrance that surrounds me when I enjoy my morning coffee during the sweltering days of July...that's what a gardener lives for. 

The summer garden in full bloom. Not today, but soon.

 After looking out on a mostly gray and brown landscape with a few evergreens this morning, I visited the Jackson and Perkins website and found several wonderful roses to satisfy my need for color. Some are new for 2010. Others on my list, like the hardy Don Juan climbing rose, have been recommended on Georgia gardening sites for years. Below is the link to the Jackson and Perkins website...order and enjoy!


http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/gardening/GP/homepage/GardenRoses

No comments:

Post a Comment