Sunday, September 20, 2009

Time to Call the Geek Squad


Last weekend when the Mid Western Yankee
and I leaving to start a series of  shopping errands, the phone rang.



 It was my mother saying that Daddy wanted to speak with MWY.



My father doesn't like to talk on the phone so it had to be important, but I couldn't imagine what had happened now to warrant a phone call to MWY on a Saturday morning.
MWY took the call inside while I took care of some plants and waited to hear about the day's request from Stone Mountain.
When MWY informed me that he was given the task of getting a computer for my parents, I about fell over in surprise.  My mother and father are eighty-two and eighty three respectively and the only computer my mother has ever seen had punch cards, as in a 1950's mainframe that took up a room all by itself.



A week later, MWY, ordered the computer after much research.
 It's going to be delivered in two weeks or so.
This ought to be good. 
I have a feeling that every employee from
the Geek Squad is soon going to know my parents very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment